Bridal shower makeup artist
Your bridal shower is more than just a party - it's a trial run for your big day. You'll be the center of attention, surrounded by friends and loved ones, and the subject of many photos. Many brides use the bridal shower as an opportunity for a bridal makeup test run.... It's a terrific opportunity to try out different makeup looks for not just yourself, but the rest of the bridal party - and have a lot of fun doing it!
A Look You'll Love
Showers provide you with a chance to experiment with different beauty ideas in a stress-free environment, and makeup artists can help with ideas and planning, whether you want something unique to this special night with the girls or a makeup look you'll replicate on your wedding day.
It's never too early to start thinking about the look you want to achieve on your wedding day or the beauty services that will make it possible.
The hair and makeup you choose for your shower will depend on the details:
Is this a pre-wedding makeup session to prepare for the big day? Makeup trials are a good idea because they allow makeup artists to familiarize themselves with your features, skin type, preferences, and more. They also let the bride see what she'll look like (and make any needed adjustments) ahead of the wedding itself, which will be busy. No bride needs one more thing to worry about on the big day!
Beauty for the Entire Party
Makeup sessions for groups are not only a fun experience, they are a chance for every member of the bridal party to get the royal treatment - and have a plan in place for their own wedding day makeup. After all, every bride wants a great-looking group supporting her. Artists can also get to know about the needs of the bridal party in advance, which can cut down on stress later.
What does your makeup artist need to know about the bridal shower?
In all things wedding, planning is key. Make sure your makeup artist has the information they need to ensure the event is one that's fun and advantageous. Consider:
- How many people will need makeup services? Is there a group rate?
- Is the bridal shower a trial run for wedding day hair and makeup or a separate event?
- What kind of fashion and mood will the bridal shower makeup be accompanying?
- What colors will be used in the wedding day look?
- What level of makeup is desired? Will this be an occasion for just lip gloss and a natural palette, or is the bride looking for the works with false lashes, contouring, airbrush makeup, and so on? (The artist will need to have the lashes, etc. ready, and so they need those details.)
- What look does the bride want? Having examples of wedding day hair and makeup from a blog, article, pin, or Instagram post can help the artist get a sense of what you're looking for.
- Finally, what kind of shower is it? There are all manner of bridal occasions, from elegant wine and cheese parties, to spa days, garden parties, beach gatherings, and so on, and hair and makeup will vary. The more information artists have, the more planning they can do, and the better the results the bridal party will get.
The more information your makeup artist has about the shower - its logistics and goals - the more they can prepare. To execute a look you'll love, makeup artists need to know the details. In fact, it's better to err on the side of too much information instead of too little.
Every bride can have hair and makeup they'll love - at the shower and on the wedding day. Contact us today for more information!